Saturday, January 16, 2010

Thank You Luca

2010 Mileage: 315

Yesterday was Luca's second commuter cross ride. I at least had a better idea of what I was in for this time and made sure I ate properly before the ride. The ride was going great and we even had a bit of open field riding and some makeshift hay bail barriers in the mix. The outside temperature was also a lot more comfortable than the first ride. We stopped for a breather after about an hour of riding and I reached in to the back of my jersey to grab out my phone to snap a picture and to my dismay there was no phone there. If you know me you know that I tend to lose my phone way too often and I am out of insurance replacements until October so this was not a good thing. Luca, Per and I split up trying to retrace our steps and find the phone. I ended up all the way back to near where we met up and was begin to think that this was phone number two gone this month. Then I see Per riding up to me and he tells me that Luca is right behind him and Luca had found the phone. They had checked out a stair set that I had forgot about and found my phone there. This was a huge relief and made my night that much better. We finished with a lap around the park and I got home with 33 miles on the day.

I owe both of them some good beer for helping me look like they did (beer is a lot cheaper than a new phone would have been). Luca can pick his growler of choice from Kate and Andrew's favorite place in New York (Kate is my sister and Andrew is her boyfriend).

Today was a day off (both work and the bike) with Lindsay. We did a little babysitting on the Upper East Side and then headed over to Williams Sonoma to get the first of our registering done. That was a lot of fun and Lindsay even let me control the scanner gun contraption.

I am not looking forward to the combination of rain and sleet that we are supposed to get tomorrow, especially after the beautiful weather we had today. Maybe the weather channel will be wrong and I can get a few miles in after work tomorrow night.

No comments: