Friday, January 8, 2010

Commuter Cross

2010 Mileage: 99

Last night was Luca's inaugural "Commuter Cross" ride. I must say it was nothing like what I expected. It was pretty much 20 miles of paved paths that I think bikes are not allowed on in Riverside Park combined with climbing more stairs than I would care to count. It was a fun ride as most are with Per and Luca and we are considering making it a weekly ride. Running up and down stairs while carrying my winter/cyclocross/beater bike is not an easy task as the converted early 90's trek hybrid must be weighing in at over 30lbs. I also need to rethink the footwear for this ride as mountain clipless shoes can be a little slippery on pavement as Per and I both learned.

On a side note Lindsay and I are trying to book our honeymoon and are having a little trouble finding a place. We are trying to find something all inclusive in the Caribbean so if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: