Tuesday, January 26, 2010

...

2010 Mileage: 604

Another five laps in Central Park tonight for 43 miles on the day. It was a little cooler with temps in the upper 30's but still a nice night to ride. There was a group ride of about fifteen guys that I joined in with for my final half lap. They were holding a good pace around 25mph and I felt good that even at the end of my ride I didn't have trouble keeping my place in the pace line. I wish I would have hooked up with them a little earlier in my ride and it would have made today's miles go a lot quicker (literally, I averaged just under 18mph on the day). It is amazing what a difference drafting can make.

The number of cyclists (not commuters and delivery guys) in the park was more than I have seen since I got back on the bike after New Year's. I wonder if that is a sign that Spring is approaching. The snow in the forecast for Saturday would probably contradict my previous line of reasoning.

No comments: