Monday, January 11, 2010

Be Grateful for Your Riding Partner(s)

2010 Mileage: 167

Rode three laps in Central Park with Per after work today for a total of 31 miles on the day. Riding with someone else this time of year makes the time go much faster and the cold not seem quite as bad. Per is my normal riding partner here in New York and in the past we made sure we had some of the same days off so we could get in longer rides together. Now that we run the bicycle shop together one of us is always there which makes my day off rides much lonelier, but I must say I am still grateful to have him there for those after work rides (we both still haven't figured out how to get up early enough to get any mileage in the morning other than our commute) even if they are only a few laps. I also have to mention that I am grateful to have him there on the painfully slow days in the shop (like today) as well. I guess what I am saying is that it is good to have a friend/riding partner like Per and I am looking forward to Spring.

If it is going to be cold we should at least get the best part of it, fresh snow. I love riding to work with fresh snow on the ground so I am hoping that the forecast is correct and we're getting some in the early morning. It will be a nasty slush by tomorrow night but at least it will be enjoyable for about a half hour or so. Gotta love being a cyclist in New York City.

No comments: