Thursday, January 14, 2010

Enjoying The Park

2010 Mileage: 282

I was planning on heading out to Central Park for a couple laps after work. I got a call from Per as I was leaving the shop (it was his day off) saying he wanted to meet up for the ride. Riding with someone else made two laps become four pretty easily so with four laps and my commute I had 36 miles on the day in a little over two hours. I made sure I ate before leaving the shop and felt much better in that regard as well.

I also came to the decision tonight on my ride home from the park that I am going to stop complaining about how repetitive and crowded the park can be and embrace its good qualities. I should be grateful that less than a mile from work I have a clean, well paved and (usually) automobile free loop to ride that is over six miles long. If I can ride elsewhere, and by elsewhere I mean get out of the city, I of course will, but I am resolving to be thankful for Central Park as a cycling loop. I would like to mention that I have always loved Central Park for everything else it has to offer. I even proposed to Lindsay at Wollman Ice Skating Rink in the park almost a year ago now (you can read the story here).

No comments: