Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Note to Self: Eat More Before I Ride

2010 Mileage: 246

Today's ride didn't really go as planned. I was hoping to go over the GWB, grab some food and get some miles in on the other side of the Hudson. I got up to the bridge to find it closed and my stomach getting mad at me. I then paid a visit to the little red lighthouse under the bridge and ate the fiber one bar I had with me to try and remedy the fact that my breakfast was way too small.
I then headed back to, where else, Central Park. Rode 2 and a half laps in the park and then grabbed some food at the Deli across the street from the shop to be able to make it the five miles home without totally bonking. Only did 41 miles on the day, not what I hoped for but it is better than nothing. I need to eat more before I ride so I can stop having the problem of struggling mid-ride because my body isn't properly fueled.
It's supposed to hit 40 degrees out tomorrow and this cold spell (cold for New York City) is supposed to lift so I'm hoping the ice is gonna melt off the Hudson and the riding will become a little easier.

No comments: