Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More Central Park

2010 Mileage: 205

I rode four laps in Central Park tonight for 38 miles on the day. I had Per and Luca to keep me company for most of the ride. Having the park so close to work is great for getting in night miles, but it can get a little repetitive and I am looking forward to something different tomorrow on my day off. We also didn't get the snow I was looking forward to. I left my knobby tires on my bike yesterday in anticipation of the snow and of course we didn't get it. Tomorrow morning before my ride I am planning on throwing on some slicks to make the ride a little easier, so with no snow on the forecast we will probably get 4 inches.

As far as work goes, spring can't get here soon enough. Let's just say I went through a couple hundred individual bicycle pedals from a bin in the mechanics area to pick out pairs and clean them up, or simply remove screws and other salvageable parts from the broken ones. After this endeavor I then went on to reorganize the clothing for no apparent reason, which then lead to reorganizing shoes and helmets, and then kids bikes. So basically about a third of the store. Per helped a bit with this and also stripped an old mountain bike of its completely useless parts for no reason other than to fill the time. Well I think you get the point, Winter in the bike shop can be a little slow.

No comments: