Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Heading Home

2010 Mileage: 1104

After an incredibly long (at least it felt that way) day at the shop I headed over to Central Park for three laps with Per. We were planning on two but met a fellow rider who was fairly chatty so we extended the ride to three. After our ride we went by his place on the Upper East Side to enjoy a Pilsner Urquell and I also got to see my Wedding Invitation for the very first time as it arrived at there apartment today. It was rather exciting and it makes me realize how quickly our big day is approaching.

Tomorrow I am incredibly excited because I get to head back to Michigan for the first time since June. We have a couples shower on Saturday in Michigan and I am really looking forward to the trip.

Heading back to Michigan has also made me think about where I consider "home" because I always tell people I am going "back home" when I mean going to Michigan. It is an interesting consideration for me because I loved my upbringing in the state and would love to raise my own family there and still call it "home" quite frequently when asked. However, having been here over a year Lindsay and I have made a home of our own in our studio here in the city and it is where I live day in and day out with the woman I love and our cat (who we treat like our child). I know the cheesy cliche "home is where the heart is" and my heart is absolutely in both places for many different reasons. I guess I don't really know where I am going with this, just some food for thought and either way I am excited for my short trip "back home."

No comments: