Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Luca

2010 Mileage: 812

Yesterday I slept in and then headed out to Central Park on the bike. The big storm just missed us and we only had a light dusting of snow, but it was still a pretty cold ride. I put in three laps and called it a day not wanting to push the knee too hard even though it was feeling good. The laps also felt incredibly slow even though they were around my normal pace. I guess it was just one of those rides. I had 33 miles on the day.

After the ride I threw the pannier bags on the bike so I could head over to Whole Foods to pick up all the important stuff for Luca's birthday celebration.
Per, my cousin Matt, Luca and Morgan came over for the festivities. We just hung out at the apartment and watched a replay of the cyclocross worlds, drank some beer and enjoyed eachothers company. It turned out to be a great time and I hope the birthday boy enjoyed himself. Opening those mini kegs is a little trickier than the picture on the side makes it look. Let's just say I had to wash a good amount of Bitburger off the cieling.

No comments: