Monday, February 8, 2010

A Bike Is An Investment, Right?

2010 Mileage: 848

I put in four laps in the park with Per for 36 miles on the day. It was a bit cold but I felt good. It is always nice switching back to the road bike (which I did tonight) after a few days on the commuter cross bike, it makes the miles seem a whole lot easier. Also our long discussion about how to convince Jo (Per's wife) to allow Per to buy a new bike seemed to make the laps go quickly. I think we determined the bicycle as an investment approach is the route to take. Using my finance background we were able to come up with some very impressive arguments regarding the risk and return for the time frame. Although that is the approach he took with his road bike and he is still riding it with no intention of seeing a return on that investment anytime soon. The next discussion might have to be about how to fit yet another bike in his New York City apartment. That is always a question but never a concern (at least for Per and I).

After the ride I came home and felt my masculinity slipping away as I watched the end of The Bachelor with Lindsay and did some stretching. I'm not sure it is a good idea announcing that to everyone, but I'm sure I have done less intelligent things in the past.

No comments: