Friday, August 6, 2010

Shake Shack

2010 Mileage: 3587

I'm sure if you are reading this you probably already know, but Lindsay and I are about to be leaving NYC soon to head back to Michigan and move in to our very own house. No more rent payments with nothing to show for them and room to keep all my bikes and Lindsay's shoes. I can't wait. However there are a handful of things that we really want to do together before we leave the city, and one of them was eat at Shake Shack at Madison Square Park. Last night we checked that one of the list and the burger absolutely lived up to all the hype. After the wait in line of close to an hour to get our food I was skeptical about the experience but after my first bite that skepticism all went away. I'm sure I'll now be visiting the location by the shop soon to give it another try. It's also really nice to eat outside in the park but the one issue with it is no public restrooms, just a heads up if you ever plan on going.

Today my dad is getting in to town for a couple of days and then to help us move out a whole lot of our stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing him as well as the dinner we have planned for tonight at Peter Luger Steakhouse, another place that I am hoping will live up to all the hype.

And on a side note, I can't believe how sore I still am. With my dad here I will probably have a couple days off the bike and I really need them. I need to work on this whole muscle recovery thing too. I guess playing soccer again is showing me a lot I need to work on.

2 comments:

Lindsay Cumming said...

that burger was great! Can't wait for tonight!

Lindsay Cumming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.