Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another New Toy

2010 Mileage: 3623

Well I was going to right about the amazing weekend that I had with my Dad visiting and how Peter Luger's was probably the greatest meal I have ever had but instead you can read about it all here on the Wife's blog since she beat me to it. I am just incredibly excited to be back in Michigan and closer to my family again.

So instead I will show everybody my new toy (the bike collection seems to be growing rapidly as of late), a 2011 Raleigh RX 1.0 cyclocross bike. It came in yesterday and is hopefully going to get its first long ride tomorrow. This morning was out of the question since I was at Zum Schneider way too late last night with Tony (a friend from Michigan) who came to the city on a last minute trip. Way too late just means I wasn't in bed until after 12 but I guess I'm getting old. Since I couldn't get out for a real ride on the cross bike today I decided I would just sign up for a race instead, so the Ronde Van Stony is now on the list of races I will be participating in when I move back to Michigan next month. This dirt road race is joining Peak 2 Peak, Iceman and the Addison Oaks Fall Classic on the list. I also think I'd like to do some of the Tailwind CX races in the area but I can't seem to find a registration for those yet. I also may have to make my way back out to The Big Apple to race the Staten Island CX race with Per and Luca again since that race last year was definitely one of the best days I've ever had on (and off) the bike. A more official review of the new toy will probably come later after it has been properly abused but so far I love it except for the tires. The compound is incredibly slippery and although I read that in a number of reviews I had to ride them to truly feel it. At least it is only tires, easily swapped out. Well this post is starting to ramble so I will just show you the bike.
The army green wasn't my first choice but I have always been a function over fashion guy and with a full Shimano 105 component group and an Easton fork for the right price I wasn't going to let that stop me. I'm glad I didn't because the color is really growing on me. Now I just need it to rain so I can get this thing nice and muddy and Per to get back from his two week hiatus in Germany so I have someone to ride where I'm not supposed to in Riverside and Central Park with.

1 comment:

Lindsay Cumming said...

"Now I just need it to rain so I can get this thing nice and muddy" - Yay for a GARAGE for muddy bikes!! T-minus 18 days!! :)