Sunday, September 5, 2010

A New Chapter

2010 Mileage: 3963

This post is a bit overdue since we have been without Internet but Lindsay and I are officially out of New York City as we said goodbye to our old apartment last weekend.


And moved in to our new house in Waterford, Michigan.

It has been a pretty big change but we are both adjusting quickly and enjoying it. I know I am going to miss the great friends I made more than anything else.

We also got a new kitten as a playmate for Leo. We named her Zoey and she is a total sweetheart even if she is a little wild for Lindsay's liking in the middle of the night.The unpacking is taking longer that we would like but I have managed to get in a couple of long rides this week. Took out the cross bike for 77 miles of pavement, dirt roads and gravel trails in the on and off rain on Thursday and it was a great reintroduction to Michigan riding. Then rode out to visit the shop I'll be working in on Friday and that ended up being 41 miles on the mountain bike. Two fun rides in two days and I'm discovering that the rail-trail systems have gotten a lot better since I was last riding them.

Now I'm just enjoying a relaxing weekend of hanging out on the lake and grilling until it is back to work (if you can call what I do work) on Tuesday. The most interesting thing could be the 40 miles a day I'll be putting in if I choose to commute by bicycle (which I am hoping I'll be able to regularly do.

No comments: