Thursday, September 23, 2010

Always Learning

2010 Mileage: 4110

Well I decided that I was going to rebuild my sister's headshok the other day and it has turned out to be much more of a project than I expected. I really hate all of Cannondale's proprietary crap that they won't even put schematics for online. The good news is it looks like it should go back together without too much difficulty, although I probably just shot myself in the foot by saying that. I'll keep you posted on the rebuild.
Aside from the shock rebuild things are staying fairly busy at the shop. We have gotten the place really cleaned up and organized and we're in the process of revamping inventory a bit to get some really cool new product in (like these and these). Anybody who knows me knows I'm a sucker for 29ers so it is great to be able to sell them on a regular basis. In NYC only delivery guys and Brazilians on vacation bought mountain bikes, where as here in Michigan its a majority of what we sell. I'm also learning (and learning to love) the Specialized brand and considering this beautiful bike for myself for next season (although the wife doesn't know this yet).
This Saturday is Ronde van Stony, a 33 mile dirt road race that I am probably not ready for but I am still looking forward to it. I think Kate is going to do it with me too so another reason to be excited. Look for a race report (and headshok report) this weekend.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

I used to have an Epic... and it was pretty........ Epic.

Donald Cumming said...

Have you been hanging out with bike snob again?