Thursday, July 22, 2010

Morning Ride With Per

2010 Mileage: 3339

I have been doing a bit more riding lately with a few laps after work in the park on Tuesday and Wednesday, although that did just serve to remind me why I love Central Park in the winter time and tend to avoid it in the summer. It's a bit too much of a zoo in there for me to really enjoy the ride and it always astonishes me how oblivious some people can be (and how many guys on $1,000+ bikes that can't ride in a straight line). This is exactly why I love River Rd. and that is where Per and I headed this morning as I left my place at 5:30 this morning. We even added in a few extra climbs and I got a majority of my 50 miles today done before 8:30 this morning. That was a great way to start the day and then headed over the they Rapha Cycle Club to watch the Tour de France stage with Cassidy and Kyle. It was great to see Schleck take the stage but I just wish he could've gotten some time on Contador. I'll be bummed to see the Pistolera win another tour.

The picture below is a shot of Per and our bikes at the top of "Forbidden Hill" (so named because you aren't supposed to ride it) on our ride this morning. I still don't know why he does these long rides with that backpack on.

1 comment:

Lindsay Cumming said...

sounds like a wonderful bike-filled day! :)