Saturday, July 17, 2010

Back On A Road Bike

2010 Mileage: 3224

Yesterday I enjoyed the nice (and really hot) weather to head over the GWB on the new road bike. I wasn't feeling that great and I could tell that I am a little out of shape but the joy of riding a brand new bike definitely kept me going. Along the ride I swung by to visit my Aunt in Tenafly. It is always great to see her I just never seem to remember just how steep the climb from there house back up to my route is. I just looked it up and it is over half a mile of over 8% average grade (that is pretty steep). But it was still worth the visit. Here is a picture of the new bike:And here is a picture of why I needed a new road bike:
Now its taking care of a few errands and then hopefully another long ride on the new toy. And then Per and I have a man date tonight since both of our wives are out of town, probably just watching a movie that Lindsay and Jo wouldn't watch with us but it should be fun.

No comments: