Wednesday, July 28, 2010

An Attempted Mountain Bike Ride

2010 Mileage: 3424

On my day off yesterday I planned out my route and was excited for my ride out to Cunningham Park in Queens to do some mountain biking. Lets just say that I am not all that familiar with Brooklyn/Queens and I ended up in a neighborhood where I was getting some very funny looks and I didn't feel all to comfortable. I decided that as much as I wanted to go mountain biking it probably wasn't worth it so I looped back and headed over to Prospect Park. While riding my first lap I noticed that there is a dirt trail that parallels the main road for a majority of the 3.5 mile loop so I was able to get in a bit of "trail" riding on that on my next two laps. It was only a 26 mile day but it was fun to switch things up a little bit.

Tomorrow it is back on the road bike as I meet Larry in the morning for his first ride over on River Rd.

Lindsay (my wife) also started a blog that you can find here. She is still trying to find a direction to go with it but if it helps her spend less time on facebook then I am all for it.

No comments: