Friday, February 11, 2011

Back to Reality

2011 Mileage: 771

Last night I rode the customary Thursday night ride out of the shop. Unfortunately I got way too accustomed to the weather in Florida and the 5 degrees it was outside made me pretty miserable. Also, I only had one companion last night since everyone from our regular crew except for Tim bailed on us. We made pretty good time but my knee got the all to familiar twinge about half way through the ride and we skipped the Markwood climb because I didn't want to push it. Now it is back to the stretches/foam rolling/exercises and a couple days off the bike to avoid any further problems with the knee. What stunned me last night was how cold I felt. It wasn't any colder and I didn't have on any less clothing than before I left for Florida, my body just acclimated to the warm temperature and I was freezing for most of the 1:42 we were riding for. Sunday should be a lot longer than 1:42 so I hope I acclimate back to the cold pretty quick here.

No comments: