Monday, March 7, 2011

Daufuskie Island & Returning To The Cold

2011 Mileage: 950About a week ago Lindsay and I made a trip down to Daufuskie Island (my Mom joined us too). It was our first trip back to the Island since we got married there last May and we had an incredible time just relaxing on the beach and riding around the Island on our beach cruiser tandem.Then it was back to the bitter cold of Michigan and yet another snow storm this weekend. I commuted last Saturday on the bike and it was 35 degrees and raining for my 20 miles in, so the heavy snow for my ride home actually seemed very enjoyable. It was alright that it took me three hours to go thirty miles, the lights were fully charged.
I've decided I've had enough of winter and I'm headed south again this weekend and I am hoping to get my first race of the season in while I'm down there. Perry, GA is only a slight detour from Daufuskie and it might not be the best thing to spend 14 hours in a car driving overnight and then get out and race but I think I'm gonna give it a try anyways. I'm sure I've made worse decisions regarding racing in the past. The Perry-Roubaix is a 4 lap, 50 mile race and a part of it is on red clay roads. Should be fun, and it will be good to get the first real test of the year out of the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, man. Reminds me of our time there - and looks warmer than here now...
So you're going back again, for real? Stop by in NYC! We will be there from Saturday 3/12 to Tuesday 3/15!
Talk to you soon,
p